We recommend watching the video at the start of Train with tiney which explains more about what we're looking for from trainees.
We loved putting this training together for you, and we hope you'll really enjoy getting stuck into the learning! The units cover lots of important topics you'll need to know and understand well in order to work with children, as well as to run your own business.
We review all answers carefully, and if we're confident that your answers show you've understood and thought about the content in the training, you'll be able to progress to the next stages towards opening your home nursery.
We want to help you do the best you can at this assessment point, so here are some top tips for submitting your answers:
- You might find it helpful to take notes in your own notebook as you work on the units. This way you can easily refer back to any points that might come up in the end of unit quiz.
- Some units refer specifically to the Early Years Foundation Stage and Development Matters. We recommend having hard copies of these important documents to hand as they will help you with your answers. These are also really important documents for early years practitioners to be familiar with.
- Some modules will have a short assessment quiz at the end. These usually take about 5 minutes and are multiple choice questions. Make sure you've read the information in the unit and watched the videos carefully first before you take the assessment quiz.
- Some units will end with questions that ask you to type in your answer. For these questions, we want to see evidence that you've really thought about the question. You don't need to write an essay, but make sure you expand on your answer to include enough detail for us to understand your thinking.
- Professional communication is important to us, so make sure you check your answer for typos and spelling or grammar mistakes. Treat these answers as a warm-up for the level of professional communication you would use when contacting families of children in your care.
- Some units will ask you to draw something - for example sketching out a floorplan of how you intend to use your space. For this task, we don't need a work of art or an accurate plan of your home, just a floorplan that shows you've thought about how your space will support children's learning with different areas for different activities, like reading or messy play.
The main things are that we want to see that you're really motivated to work with children, and that you've put lots of thought into your answers.
When you've submitted all your learning tasks, we will review all your answers. If we're happy that you're ready to progress to the next stage, you'll be invited to book a pre-registration call with us, and you'll be one step closer to opening your own home nursery!
We recognise that doing lots of online training by yourself can be challenging at times, and sometimes you might want to speak to real humans! Keep an eye out for upcoming live webinars where you can meet other trainees and experts from the tiney team to explore different topics together. You can find these in the 'Community' tab of your app. Also, check out the chat channels on the app - you can use these to ask questions about the training content, as well as getting to know other trainees in your cohort.
It's our job to ensure you're ready to work with children and that you're well set up to offer children rich learning experiences in your home nursery. This training has been designed to give you the foundation to do that.
We hope you have fun doing the training! And remember, do get in touch with us via the chat if you have any questions.